Sunday, November 20, 2011

Adelaide looks better in retrospect...


In September I embarked on a four day holiday to Adelaide. I compiled a list of vintage clothing stores to visit and set off on my adventure only to be somewhat... underwhelmed.

I missed out on shopping at 'Red Ruby Vintage' because of "Winter trading hours". I stood at the window and dreamed... But honestly, is Adelaide a metropolis or a sleepy coastal town? I walked from the CBD over the Torrens River to North Adelaide Vintage Fair. My proudest purchase was a sleeveless 1980s summer dress made in the UK. It's pale green and mauve with goldfish swimming across it.



Three (I couldn't think of five) places to shop in Adelaide...
1. Australian Red Cross Shop 284 Rundle Street, Adelaide - see post "Shoes my doctor liked"
2. Irving Baby 33 Twin Street, Adelaide - more retro than vintage but has some great skirts and jewellery, like Newtown shops in Sydney (without the freak crowd)
3. North Adelaide Vintage Fair 200 Jeffcott St, North Adelaide - again, the dresses!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment