Friday, November 18, 2011

One hour in Milton...


Milton is an historic town on the South Coast of New South Wales. It's also home to my favourite shop in what I've seen of the world. "Nikki B's" is the perfect blend of dresses and tea cups, jewellery and collectables. The store is arranged by colour: blue, green, pink etc. It's full of suprises.

Two weeks ago I had an hour to spend (and I mean literally spend) in Milton so I stopped at Nikki B's and this is what I bought:

1. a shirt dress in lichen green, caramel and pink
2. bright pink clip-on earrings (think 1980s)
3. two rose-patterned dinner plates (English Grindley china)
4. a pale yellow skirt with a white zipper at the front



The sum total was less than $60 and I had the experience of shopping somewhere that feels like you're stepping back in time. After a coffee at the Pilgrim Cafe and a visit to Millhouse Art Gallery I went home happy. I love Milton!

No comments:

Post a Comment