Wednesday, November 30, 2011

How Meredith Vieira (and her shoes) made my year...

















Former Today show host, Meredith Vieira made my year for two reasons:

1. Best book I read in 2011: Meredith Vieira’s chapter in the book, Divided Lives: The public and private struggles of three American women is one of the most moving biographies I’ve ever read.


When you see what Meredith went through at CBS (including reporting from Romania within weeks of giving birth, repeatedly being told by male colleagues not to wear her hair in a ponytail and not to wear jeans to work) it makes you think the $10 million she was earning on NBC’s Today show isn’t half what she deserves for pioneering the role of women in television journalism.


2.Best Youtube video I watched in 2011: The Youtube video of Meredith Vieira’s final episode of the Today show has cheered me up no end. It’s not often you can say that about a farewell video.



via YouTube

Meredith Vieira’s green dress is absolutely gorgeous. It contrasts awfully with the brown sandals she was wearing beneath the desk (there are clips of her in ugh boots). She thinks of practicality as well as fashion. Despite her enviable shoe collection Meredith still brings comfort shoes to work. Meredith Vieira, I miss you!


via NBC Today website

And although it’s no match for Meredith’s Christian Louboutins, an excerpt from my shoe collection:



But Meredith Vieira probably draws the line at buying burgundy heels from the Salvation Army Store in Croydon (pictured above)...

No comments:

Post a Comment