Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Ashfield, the only shopping I hate...

The only shopping I hate is grocery shopping. I do it once a fortnight and I feel like I’ve climbed Mount Kosciusko at the end. I shop at Coles in Ashfield because the music is better, the isles are wider and they actually stock things like tofu and Lipton herbal teas none of which I can find in the C-Grade excuse for a Franklins in Summer Hill.  



Ashfield is not the prettiest suburb to shop in but it is convenient and the K-Mart has saved my life for stocking mobile phone chargers.



I took the chance to visit Ashfield Library which is bright and new and has a good collection of novels. It’s number one on my list of places to visit which don’t require money. Here’s what I borrowed…



Three places to visit which don't require money...

1. Ashfield Library - I never walk away empty handed & it always lifts my mood
2. The Art Gallery of NSW - I still get lost in Albert Marquet's The Pont Neuf in the Snow
3. Parramatta Rd (On foot) - it mostly takes me to Annandale St but sometimes as far as Broadway, not exactly scenic but always interesting, Parramatta Road takes me away from home




Books, paintings and my two feet always save me from boredom and unhappiness...

No comments:

Post a Comment