Saturday, December 10, 2011

The train from Miranda...


Today I met up with three of my friends at Westfield Miranda. With trackwork on the Inner West line I caught buses and trains to get there. Public transport is difficult but I’d rather take a train than fight for a parking spot two weeks before Christmas.



Below is the slice of lemon meringue pie I ordered for morning tea. I’d uncharacteristically skipped breakfast and I think this was big enough to cover breakfast, lunch and dinner. My friend is holding a 20 cent coin beside it…


















Because I was with my friends I didn’t do much shopping and that’s a good thing! After a pleasant day I caught the train back to Central. I started reading The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith. My favourite lines are:

“You could think and think and get nowhere, but you still had to eat your pumpkin. That brought you down to earth. That gave you a reason for going on...” (Alexander McCall Smith, 1998, p. 84)




It's like when the bigger things in life overwhelm you, when you’re anxious or depressed or you’ve just had enough of human misery, it’s the little habits and their necessity that keep you living. Shopping is one of them for me… 

No comments:

Post a Comment