Friday, December 9, 2011

Christmas time in the City of Sydney...

I spent yesterday and today Christmas shopping in the City. I had hoped to contrast the bedlam of Myer on Pitt St with a quieter Kinokunyia bookshop but it seemed wherever I went the crowds and confusion followed.

\

Exhausted, I tried on a skirt in Cue and before I knew it I'd left the World Square store $100 worse off and feeling like a Salvador Dali painting...surreal.

















It wasn’t all bad, though. Christmas shopping completed, I…

1. took the opportunity to see New Years Eve at George St cinema. It made me want to walk through Central Park again or wander Greenwich village as the sun sinks in the sky. It should be my New Year’s resolution to revisit New York...




                                                              via YouTube

2. saw the Picasso exhibition at the Art Gallery of NSW. I have been to the Picasso museum in Barcelona but not in Paris. Seeing these paintings for the first time was inspiring. The Bathers is so small!




My mood was low and irritable after all that Christmas chaos. I was starting to feel a bit like this by the end of my shopping expedition…






















    via National Gallery of Victoria website


I think I’ll add Christmas shopping to the list of shopping I hate.

No comments:

Post a Comment