Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Up town in Ulladulla...

This morning I went into Ulladulla for coffee, a little shopping and to enjoy the harbour views.



I like The Coffee House in the Pavillion arcade because it's not too crowded and the coffee is really, really good. I started reading Elizabeth Gaskell's North & South, now that I've read my way through Jane Austen.


I found the vintage/retro clothing shop I remembered seeing in the adjacent arcade. It was open on a public holiday which surprised me. I bought a 1950s vintage dress in pale yellow with strawberry patterns and a blue/orange/green shirt with a village print to wear underneath my myriad black work dresses. I spent more than I should but both pieces are very unique.



Ulladulla has a very small city centre yet it is not without it's charms. I had a look in the Oldest House (in Ulladulla) which doubles as a tea house and gallery. In summer they hold a music night for local musicians. The Oldest House sell a great range of tea, knitted tea cosies and lots of cute tea pots!


Three places to shop in Ulladulla...

1. The Recycle Choice, at the very back of the Amcal arcade - I found this tiny shop about a year ago. Many 1980s dresses, including stunning evening wear, also a small selection of  original 1950s and 1960s dresses and cardigans. Hurry, she said she is closing down soon.
2. The Oldest House Green St - I loved the tea cosies!
3. Sachi on Green The Pavilion, Green St - nice if you're into Elk jewellery or need to buy a gift. I used to like them because they stocked Betty Jo jewellery but they don't seem to stock it anymore.


No comments:

Post a Comment